Tuesday, October 13, 2009

An unwelcome birthday present

First, I have to warn you if you are squeamish then don't scroll down.




Okay, so the other day I get a call from the after school program to tell me that Luke was pushed by another kid into the playground equipment. (I take a deep breath) They said-He's doing okay but the school nurse thinks he needs stitches.

STITCHES! Seriously!



So, the story I was fed or I mean given was that a kid whose-name-won't-be-mentioned-here-but-will-be-in-the lawsuit (just kidding!) was running around and Luke was in his path of destruction, or something like that. They said he wasn't intentionally trying to hurt Luke. The teachers told me how brave Luke was and that he is a great kid and went on and on about him-trying to soften the blow I guess.


Even with the 2 butterfly bandages on it I could tell he needed stitches. So we were leaving to get stitches and Luke says-"Mommy, he pushed me so hard I was bleeding, seriously!" **Sigh**


I took him to get his stitches and he was super brave again. He had to get subcutaneous stitches and more over that for a total of 8. So, he is doing fine and hopefully will heal nicely.


Now here are the pictures. Last chance to turn away!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor kiddel! I'm sure the whole thing was just as hard for Mom. Hope he's wearing his bandage with pride and tomorrow will be a better day at aftercare. MOM

B-Mom said...

Whew, it wasn't as graphic as I was expecting. Poor little guy, and on his birthday???? I'm glad he was brave and hope it heals quickly!

BLogger said...

I am completely unsqueamish. Usually I forget that other people are. This time I remembered but wasn't sure how bad it would be to others. Glad it wasn't too bad, Traci. :)
He is doing fine, the stitches come out Saturday.